It is that time of year again…
It’s Spring Cleaning time again. We really like this time of year actually. We see a lot of new faces and we find a lot of people use self storage as a great way to Spring Clean and reduce clutter. Here are some of our favorite Spring Cleaning tips.
- Real Simple has a great checklist for organizing a basement (not a fun chore). Start by assessing the clutter, deciding what to keep, labeling items and installing things like shelving or hooks to store items off of the floor.
- As you are getting rid of clutter, why not make some money at the same time? Check out national secondhand retail chains like Play It Again Sports, GameStop (video games and consoles), Plato’s Closet (teen and young adult clothes and accessories), and Music Go Round (instruments) that will pay you for your used items. Check out Good Housekeeping’s other ideas to turn your trash in to cash this spring.
- Before you trash mismatched socks and old clothes. Consider turning them into rags to use for cleaning and dusting. It’s a great way to save you money on disposable towels. Check out TLC’s great article for more great suggestions.
- Spring is also a great time to complete a quick home energy assessment. Before summer hits make sure that your air conditioning doesn’t seep through the cracks in your home. Check out organizations such as Energize New York and Connecticut’s Neighbor to Neighbor Energy Challenge to help you keep cool and save you money in the summer months.
- Did you know DIY cleaners are easy to make and work great? There are many cleaners you can make on your own with ingredients you may already have. The Mint suggests a great one that can clean tough stains and build up in the shower, combine a ½ cup baking soda, 1/3 cup ammonia, ¼ cup vinegar, and six cups of water in a plastic spray bottle.
Happy Spring Cleaning to everyone in our Hagerstown, Martinsburg, and Williamsport Neighborhoods!